Sunday 11 November 2012

When you Wait on the Lord, He sends the Best

I first saw her one fine Sunday morning at San Fernando during a fellowship! It was love at first sight though none of us knew it at that time. After the whole family walked in I asked someone "Who are they?" and they replied..."They are Purdoms." Well that was the first time I had ever heard about the "Purdom people" only to find out 2 minutes later that "Purdom" was their surname.

Emily Purdom decided to be a part of the Trinidad School of Preaching and Teaching (TSOPT) which I was currently attending. I was full-time and she was in it Part-time. Initially I gave no thought of her and we basically were strictly brother and sister in the Lord.
........Then we got to talking!

Imagine the two most talkative persons on planet earth (we didn't know at the time) joining in conversation on a daily basis. She was so educated in the word of God and everything she said was like honey dripping from a broken glass bottle of honey on the edge of a grocery shelf !
I was drawn to her and I made myself available for chat every lunch-time and soon even early in the morning before we had our Chapel services.
Lunch time became even more an exciting time as we began having lunches together ,where I would bring my local lunch and she would bring her foreign lunch and together we would mix the different tastes.

As to be expected, it didn't take long for me to be teased/troubled by my fellow classmates and even some of the teachers who we are very close to. I would deliberately deny that we were "more than friends" so that they could trouble me more (Because my intention was for her to become my girlfriend and future wife-HA! what a long shot! she was wayy out of my league and I? mere peasant.)

On March 10th '12, we both had a great day of doing evangelism work together...THAT WAS GREAT!
That very night we got to talking and I made my intentions known to her via letter. She took some time and thought about it and to my surprise , she said "let's try" (paraphrase), The rest is a history of growth and love.

Things escalated quickly and then on the 8th of November in Gulf City Mall, we both went on a lovely date and had the time of our lives. As we were about to leave (the mall was closed), I stopped to tie my shoe lace (which conveniently was loosened). I had my bag in my hand and I said "hold this"...I then got out an unexpected engagement ring and said "hold this".................The next few seconds I will never forget --> her facial expression, her one word "Seriously?" (said out of shock), her hug that soon followed, the moment on the whole.......was priceless.

I now have a beautiful Fiance' !

I love you so much Emily and I know you will be the best wife and companion that the Lord could provide for me. I prayed that God would provide a suitable help-meet, and He gave the best! Everyday is testimony that praying is powerful and essential.
She is sooo pretty (maybe a little greedy here ;) )

 The following is a poem I wrote on the 11th of November for the one I love....Emily, my beautiful Fiance' :

I watched you pass by
From the distance each day
You didn't say "Hi"
As you went on your way
I saw us as friends
You gave me no heed
For strangers we were
And not more indeed!


I watched you pass by

From a few feet away
We spoke for a while
Then you went on your way
You saw us as friends
I wanted us more...
Yet just friends we were
And that chance seemed so poor


You didn't pass by

In your usual way
The place that we met
You were not there today
No more were we friends
We had long crossed that sea 
I gave you a ring
And I vowed to be true
I did find you.
Now where, Emily?
I did find you-
You were right next to me.

I could spend time with her forever!


The ring looks so pretty in her hand

4 comments:

  1. WOW! You are amazing, Adrian! I love you so very much! I have no doubt that forever with you will be wonderful! The poem....is beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much....you are equally amazing , maybe a lil more.....forever is looking great...thanks :D I love you too!!! <3

      Delete
  2. *sob* And you expect me to make it through the wedding without crying?? you better not

    ReplyDelete